Windows XP “you may be a victim of software counterfeiting”what to do if this pops out?
After installing your genuine copy of Microsoft Windows XP you are prompted with a “Your software is counterfeit” error message at startup it really annoys u na..but for me it really does ,so no worry here is the solution....
. Even after visiting the www.microsoft.com/genuine/ site and validating, you still get the above message popping up after 2 or 3 boots. it really annoys u na..but for me it really does ,so no worry here is the solution....
There is an easy solution to this and I would like “you” to follow the steps below to fix the issue.
Here we go:
1. C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files
* Within that folder, remove any files or folders associated with .WGA
2. Safe Mode:
* Reboot your computer and as soon as Windows logs off, start repeatively tapping the F8 Key on your keyboard.
* As soon as you see the Windows Advanced Startup options select Safe Mode within Safe Mode get yourself into these folders…
* C:\Windows\System32 (Rename “wgatray.exe” to “wgatrayold.exe”)
* C:\Windows\System32\dllcache (Rename “wgatray.exe” to “wgatrayold.exe”)
Note: Dllcache is a hidden folder, to view hidden folders do the following, go to Start, Control Panel, Folder Options,
Select the view Tab and under the Hidden Files option, select Show hidden files and folders
Or type the loacation address like- C:\Windows\System32\dllcache in the address bar
3. Safe Mode Registry:
* Click on Start, Run and within the open dialog box type regedit and click OK.
* Within the Registry Editor navigate your self to
* Right Click and Export the WGALOGON Folder (this should be saved onto your machine for backup purposes)
* After exporting the folder, DELETE the “WGALOGON” folder
* After deleting close all applications and Restart your machine back to Normal Mode
4. WINDOWS GENUINE
*click the above one and Get into the site above and manually re-validate your copy of Windows.
* After being prompt of a successful validation, Restart your Machine.
Or if the above doesn’t work..try to delete the folder which contain name with wgatray.exe in system 32 ....no other choice for you... k...